Personal Reading Goal for 2011

2011 Reading Challenge

Abbie has read 11 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Sharpshooter in Petticoats by Mary Connealy

51Hf sa6pJL

Sharpshooter in Petticoats by Mary Connealy

Published: 2011

Series: Sophie's Daughters

Goodreads Summery: Aim for hours of reading pleasure with award-winning author Mary Connealy’s last book in the Sophie’s Daughters series. Mandy Keating, a wealthy sharpshooting widow, is content living in her mountain home and raising her young-uns alone. But how long can she protect herself when thieving outlaws have her surrounded? Rancher Tom Linscott can’t bear to see a defenseless woman in danger. Yet his rescue efforts end up bringing trouble right to her door. Now that they’re both trapped on Mandy’s Mountain, can they learn to live together—or will they die alone?

In the 3rd book we finally get to see how things are going to turn out for Mandy. At this point her worthless husband is dead and she is stuck living in the huge stone house he build on top of a mountain. She stays there because there is a blood war between her and the men who killed her husband. Tom who we where introduced to in the 1st and 2nd books comes to rescue her and her 3 children. Will they get out alive and will Mandy finally find the peace and true love she has wanted?

I will be honest I would not wait to get to this book. I enjoyed the entire series but Mandy was interesting to me from the beginning. I felt so bad for her in the 1st book and sad for her in the 2nd. Now I wanted to see her finally have her turn and the author did not disappoint. The author uses some characters from past series to aid in this book. I found myself wanting to go back and read all about them as well and I hope to here in the future.

Mandy has trouble trusting anyone but herself and you can’t blame her after the way her dead husband treated her. Tom works to show her she can let go of the past and start a new. We also get to see just how good of a shooter she is! I also felt the author did a good job ending the series I enjoyed reading about each of the ladies. I highly recommend all these books and the author.

Book Rating

Steamy Rating

Over all Series Rating

DISCLOSURE: I was provided a free copy of this ebook from the publisher through NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative