Personal Reading Goal for 2011

2011 Reading Challenge

Abbie has read 11 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lydia's Charm by Wanda E. Brunstetter

51-Sa vY5eL

 Lydia’s Charm by Wanda E. Brunstetter

Goodreads Summery: Visit Amish Country during the fall as Lydia King attempts to make Charm, Ohio, feel like home after losing her husband. But is her heart ready to open back up to love when gifts appear on her porch from a mystery source? Could it be from the widowed father of four energetic boys, or is it from the man who has rejected romance to be his family’s caregiver? When life hands Lydia another challenge, will the gift giver be there to support her?

Lydia moves back to Charm Ohio with her young son to live with her mother. Lydia’s husband has died a year ago and she has lost her job. She has a strained relationship with her mother and she is hoping by moving in with her mother and helping her take care of her ailing grandfather they will build a better relationship. She soon catches the eye of two Amish men. Menno who is a widow with 4 active boys and Levi who’s whole family has dwarfism except him.  Tragedy soon strikes Lydia. Will she be able to over come it and find true love again?

I liked this book a lot and I wanted to love it and I would have if it had not been for one of the tragedies in the book. I don’t want to give it away but I felt it was not needed and it really ruined my enjoyment of the book. I felt after finishing this book that the ending could have easily been reached without it. That said it was a great read. I enjoyed the suspense of who Lydia would choose and guessing who the mystery giver was.  It was also heart warming to see the relationship between Lydia and her mother change. I am looking forward to reading more books by this author.

Book Rating

 

Steamy Rating

DISCLOSURE: I was provided a free copy of this ebook from the publisher through NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

1 comment:

  1. I've awarded you with the Stylish Blogger Award.
    Go here to read more about this :)

    ReplyDelete

Google Analytics Alternative