Personal Reading Goal for 2011

2011 Reading Challenge

Abbie has read 11 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Journey by Wanda E. Brunstetter

51BqmCyYsIL

The Journey by Wanda E. Brunstetter

Goodreads Summery: Discover along with Titus Fisher how life can begin anew in Christian County, Kentucky. Moving from Pennsylvania, finding rewarding work, and leaving a broken romance behind is the best decision Titus ever made. But is he ready to consider love again when he meets two women: one who seems perfectly suited for any Amish man and one who challenges long held ideas of the woman’s role. Who will Titus chose, and will it be the right choice?

Titus has been in love with Phoebe since he was 13. Phoebe though is not ready to settle down and breaks Titus's heart. She heads off to California and Titus takes a new job in Kentucky to try and forget about Phoebe. Suzanne is the granddaughter of the man Titus is going to be working for. At first Suzanne reminds Titus of Phoebe so they don’t get alone. Esther is is a good friend of Suzanne and she takes an interest in Titus as well. Will Phoebe come back? Will Titus see past the resemblance he see’s in Suzanne and see her in a new way or will Esther win his heart?

I started out really liking this book. I found the story interesting. As the book went on I had trouble with how many characters where telling the story and how often we jumped from Kentucky,Pennsylvania to California. I found it hard to get to know Suzanne and Titus. The book is well written though and I enjoyed reading this book I just felt a little overwhelmed with the different characters. Suzanne was my favorite and I liked how she did a lot of growing in the book. She over comes her lack of cooking skills which was a fun side story of the book. If you like Amish fiction I am sure you will like this book.

This book will be released April 1st 2011!

Book Rating

Steamy Rating

DISCLOSURE: I was provided a free copy of this ebook from the publisher through NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative