Personal Reading Goal for 2011

2011 Reading Challenge

Abbie has read 11 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Demon Slayer Series by Angie Fox

3119223 6052600 6769025 8715101
Demon Slayer Series by Angie Fox
Goodreads Overview:
Book 1:
It's never a good day when an ancient demon shows up on your toilet bowl. For Lizzie Brown, that's just the beginning. Soon her hyperactive terrier starts talking, and her long-lost biker witch Grandma is hurling Smuckers jars filled with magic. Just when she thinks she's seen it all, Lizzie learns she's a demon slayer-and all hell is after her.
Of course, that's not the only thing after her. Dimitri Kallinikos, a devastatingly handsome shape-shifting griffin needs Lizzie to slay a demon of his own. But how do you talk a girl you've never met into going straight to the underworld? Lie. And if that doesn't work, how dangerous could a little seduction be...?
Book 2:
Demon slaying powers should come with an instruction book...
Seriously. Why does a new hair dryer have a twelve-page how-to manual, but when it comes to ancient demon-fighting hocus-pocus, my biker witch granny gives me just half a dozen switch stars and a rah-rah speech? Oh, and a talking terrier, but that's another story. It's not like my job as a preschool teacher prepared me for this kind of thing.
So, I've decided to write my own manual, The Dangerous Book for Demon Slayers, because no one tells me anything. Dimitri, my "protector," may be one stud of a shape-shifting griffin, but he always thinks he can handle everything by himself. Only he's no match for the soul-stealing succubi taking over Las Vegas. If I can't figure out how to save him - and Sin City - there'll be hell to pay.
Book 3:
Last month, I was a single preschool teacher whose greatest thrill consisted of color-coding my lesson plans. That was before I learned I was a slayer. Now, it s up to me to face curse-hurling imps, vengeful demons, and any other supernatural uglies that crop up. And, to top it off, a hunk of a shape-shifting griffin has invited me to Greece to meet his family.
But it s not all sun, sand, and ouzo. Someone has created a dark-magic version of me with my powers and my knowledge and it wants to kill me and everyone I know. Of course, this evil twin doesn t have Grandma s gang of biker witches, a talking Jack Russell terrier, or an eccentric necromancer on its side. In the ultimate showdown for survival, may the best demon slayer win.
Book 4:
Lizzie Brown would like to have one normal date. Instead, she gets a towering inferno with a message: her long-lost dad is a fallen angel in danger of becoming a demon. Not good. Especially since she’s a demon slayer.
Her grandma advises her to stay out of it. Her sexy-as-sin shape-shifter boyfriend would much rather she devote her attention to more carnal pursuits. And her dog’s one demand is for more bacon. After all, he can’t train his pet dragon on an empty stomach.
But Lizzie knows there’s no other choice but to hop on her Harley and help her dad—even if the search for the truth brings a bad-boy slayer back into her life and leads her into the middle of a war to end all wars.

In the first book Lizzie is getting ready for her 30th birthday party when her biker Grandma shows up and lockers her in her bathroom just in time for a demon to come out of her toilet. Lizzie defeats the demon and comes out of her bathroom to her  now talking Jack Russell terrier and her biker grandma telling her she is a demon slayer. Lizzie founds out more then then she expected about her birth family. She is saved by Dimitri who becomes her love interest in the books. In each of the next 3 books Lizzie becomes more comfortable with her demon slayer powers and learns more about herself and her special powers.
If your not into supernatural books you may not like this series. I was a little skeptical but since I got the first book as a freebie on my Kindle I gave it a try and I was hooked. I read the firs 3 books in a little over a week and finished the 4th last month. I loved the characters in these books! Lizzie is always trying to keep her life from spinning out of control while her biker witch grandma and her fellow witches keep you laughing. Your not sure if Dimitri is a good or bad guy in the first book but you learn there is more then meets the eye with him.  Even after 4 books I have questions and wonder if there will be more in the series! I sure hope so.

This is NOT a clean romance. I have not created a steamy scale for my ratings (will soon) yet. Scale of 1-5 I will give it a 3. There are sex scenes but they are few and relatively mild. The author did not go on and on for pages it was not the focus of the book at all.

Over all I love these books. I found the idea of a demon slayer thrown into her powers fascinating and felt like I was on the edge of my seat with most of the books. I felt book 3 was probably the slowest read for me of the 4. I don’t go back and reread books a lot but I could see myself doing that with this series.
I give the series over all 4 stars




I only gave it 4 starts because book 3 was a little slower and honestly I could do with out the sex. Angie Fox is a great author and I plan to check out some of her other books soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative