Personal Reading Goal for 2011

2011 Reading Challenge

Abbie has read 11 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Thursday, March 10, 2011

What the Heart Sees: A Collection of Amish Romances by Kathleen Fuller

_240_360_Book.327.coverWhat the Heart Sees: A Collection of Amish Romances by Kathleen Fuller

Published: 2011

Publisher:Thomas Nelson 

Series: None

Goodreads Summery:

Together for the first time, three Amish romances from Kathleen Fuller.

 

"A Miracle for Miriam" from An Amish Christmas

Miriam fell for Seth, but he broke her heart. Years later, after he's nearly killed in an accident, Miriam sees him at a Christmas party and notices something is different about him-not just how he looks, but how he acts. When Seth pursues her, she must decide whether to guard her heart or accept his love.

"A Place of His Own" from An Amish Gathering

When Josiah left Paradise the first time, he didn't even say good-bye. Now he's back, ten years later, and he's changed. Why is he so distant and bitter? Where is the boy who used to be Amanda's best friend? Amanda is learning that there are things even a capable Amish girl can't fix. But can she stand there and watch him walk away...again?

"What the Heart Sees" from An Amish Love

A tragic accident rocks a peaceful Amish community, leaving Ellie Chupp blinded and Christopher Bender's future shattered. But they find love and forgiveness in a place they least expect.

I enjoyed all three of these stories. In the first one

A Miracle for Miriam I found it interesting to read of a Amish young lady dealing with body image. Reading as these two young people fell in love was heart warming and a good reminder to be proud of who we are. Seth was learning to see everything different after an accident scared him for life and Miriam learned to love herself as she is. A great story.

A Place of His own was a little slower for me I did not feel like the characters got fully developed but it still was a fun read. Josiah had to forgive his father for the way he was treated after his mother dies and it also touched on tempers and control which is another subject one would not expect to read about in an Amish book. Amanda was a sweet girl but to me her character was kind flat. I did not feel like I really got to know her that well and the ending left me going that’s it? But I did enjoy the story over all.

I read What the Heart See’s in another collection a month or so ago. I loved is story. Ellie was blind and feared she would never marry. Christopher is still getting over the death of his girlfriend. Together they both come to better understand who they are and learn to put the past behind them and move ahead together.

Over all a great book. I enjoyed all three stories and if you enjoy Amish Romances then you should grab this book! This author is one of my favorites and I look forward to reading more of her books.

Book Rating

Steamy Rating

DISCLOSURE: I was provided a free copy of this book from the publisher through BookSneeze to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative