Personal Reading Goal for 2011

2011 Reading Challenge

Abbie has read 11 books toward her goal of 100 books.
hide

Friday, February 25, 2011

Emmy's Equal by Marcia Gruver

5151lmcA-yL

 Emmy's Equal by Marcia Gruver

Published: 2009

Publisher: Barbour Books

Series: Texas Fortunes (Book 3)

Goodreads Summery: Get ready for a suspenseful romantic adventure deep in the heart of Texas. Emmy Dane doesn’t want to give up her petticoats and frills for boots and spurs when her family decides to learn ranching in South Texas. Diego Marcelo’s mother tells him God will soon deliver him from his loneliness—but he assures her he has no need of deliverance. . .that is, until Emmy disrupts the entire way of life at the ranch. Can Diego put his jealousy aside before time runs out? And will Emmy admit she’s found her match in the stubborn foreman?

Emmy heads with her family to south Texas because her aunt wants to learn about growing cattle and her Pa has a friend who does just that. Emmy does not even want to go but has no choice and is not happy about it. Diego is the Forman of the ranch they are heading too. He is not a blood relation of the owner but is almost family. Will Emmy find happiness deep in the heart of Texas?

Okay I really did not enjoy this book. I could write more about the plot but honestly this book just was not that interesting to me The story sounded good and the author does an okay job but in the end I was like why did I just read this book? The author tried to tell this story from way to many characters, Emmy, Diego, Diego’s mother and Emmy’s mother. Just to many angles and I feel I never got to know any of them that well. I felt the main characters where not explored enough. The romance was flat they feel in love with out barely even talking to each other.

I did enjoy learning about deep Texas and I felt the author did a good job of bring the time period to life. The story was just interesting enough I did read the whole book but not interesting enough to go back and read the first two books of the series. If you like historical romance you might like this book but read the reviews first or download the first chapter before you buy.

Book Rating:

Steamy Rating:

DISCLOSURE: I was provided a free copy of this ebook from the publisher through NetGalley to review it. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Google Analytics Alternative